Whyte And Mackay 40 Year Old 70Cl Bottle

Whyte And Mackay  40 Year Old 70Cl Bottle
In 1844 when most of Scotland was drinking cognac, James Whyte and Charles Mackay decided to invest in whisky. Taking over 35 specially selected single malts and single grains, from the four whisky regions they blended them together to form a distinctive 'Special' whisky. Today, the Whyte & Mackay 40 Year Old blend is part of that pioneering spirit. It is the oldest Whyte & Mackay blend released to date. Not only is time needed to study and appreciate this masterpiece, but time was essential for its creation. Unusually, 70% of this whisky was made of rare, aged single malts, while the remaining 30% was a choice selection of single grain whiskies. These were selected by Richard Paterson, our Master Blender who, along with nature, was at the very heart of the art of creating this 40 year old blend. Over time, he nudged, balanced and enticed the spirit to take on a rich and rounded flavour. Then by using the unique Whyte & Mackay double marriage process, where after blending, the whisky is returned to sherry butts to 'marry' fully before bottling, he was able to create a blended whisky of indefinable smoothness. A whisky of this age must be drunk with respect. First you'll nose aromas of chocolate cake and thick vanilla toffee then sweet sherry and old oak come through. The taste is spicy orange liquorice and crushed peaches on the palate, which dries steadily leaving an elegant aftertaste of Java coffee and bitter almond chocolate. Such luxury has its limitations. Just 1,000 bottles are available in this, the very first, release.
The Drink Shop

How Much Will You Pay Today

Stockist Drink Name Details Price
The Drink Shop Whyte And Mackay 40 Year Old 70Cl Bottle Delivery Info £566.15
Buy Now
Master of Malt Not Stocked   See Now
Oddbins Not Stocked   See Now
The Whisky Exchange Not Stocked    
If you're trying to find cheaper prices for your whisky without the fuss of having to hunt around the internet then Whiskybrands.co.uk is without a shadow of a doubt the best choice. With prices compared across thousands of drinks you'll soon be enjoying a dram without breaking in to your piggy bank.

Some Related Drinks You Might Like